So. Dresses are finished, pretty much. Just the hand sewing to finish when we get down south and the hems tonight. Very happy with them. Was a little scared that they were going too be too much but I like! HUGE relieve!! But sorry guys you will have to wait until after the wedding to see them. Painful aren't I lol!
Quilts. Same as they were here and here. I am going to cheat and get them professionally machine quilted. Because I can.
That's the sewing bit done.
Stress levels hit a new high here yesterday. See our adventure down south was meant to go something like this.
1. Pack the car
2. Put the car on the train
3. Fly to Adelaide with carry on, enough for one night.
4. Sleep, then shop, then pick up car.
5. Drive 4 1/2 hours to family.
Not too bad, anything with large family takes planning, time and energy. So this was the best option for us. Meant that we would have a car in Vic that we could fit in and would have the ability to do our own thing.
For the second time this year the train tracks have been washed away!! So no car!! Seriously!! Life in the NT is never dull...
So. This is now our plan.
1. Repack. This means big one will not be able to take all her denim shorts. First melt down.
2. All luggage will need to be taken on the plane. Husband not happy. Sent to time out.
3. No shopping and catch up with Megs. Me. Sooky face.
4. Train to Vic booked out until Monday. And there are no hire cars (long weekend down south). Panic starting to rise.
5. We all need to be up and organized to catch a BUS at 7 in the morning. Cold sweats and heart palpitations begin.
6. We then need to sit on said bus for 6 1/2 hours.....with all the luggage....and 4 kids.....complete melt down!!
7. Weight Watchers chocolate biscuits do not help.
8. Once we are in Vic. The 1lt bottle of gin gifted by LMM will be had and kids can look after themselves for the rest of the holiday. Screw the points.
So. Yeah. And the icing on the cake is my orchard that hasn't flowered in 18 months has started to flower this week. So we are going to miss it in full bloom.
You can start the violins now. I'm off to eat a weight watchers friendly chocolate cake xox