Tuesday, June 16, 2009

australian homesewn and stuff

Austhomespun


I am so excited!! The magnificent Mel from Day to Day has taken her crafty endeavors to the next level. Mel has been busy working on this fresh new mag. So happy and excited for her! Not only is she incredibly talented but she is a genuinely lovely lady. And one of my favourite twitter friends!! Read more about the mag over at her blog.

In other news, I pretty much suck today. Yep, the little violins are playing just for me. 3 sewing bobo's, ending in unpicking, unpicking and more unpicking (with a wee tantie in there somewhere as well!), left out 1/4 of the flour in our tea cake for afternoon tea, and we had guests and no time to run to the shops, and tea was, well, about 2 minutes away from being completely uneatable. And our dog has run away, again, and not yet returned. Can you hear the little violins? Just for me

After all that I did manage to sew something, finished a pressie for a very dear friend (have to wait until she gets it before I can post pics) and am just about to stuff a giraffe for my mum who will be here on the weekend!! Yay! With my sister too! Post pic when done.

How about you? Know any 'famous' people? Are the violins playing for you too?

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Violins here too! Want to eat tim tams and Chocolate cake with me?

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Yes please! Anyone else? xox

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Oh, that sounds terrible. Mr Moi is away again, just for a night this time, and I'm actually revelling in the fact that I can put dinner on the table whenever I want.

But you've just reminded me I have chocolate hiding in the freezer.. not as good as tim tams but close!

Melissa Goodsell said...

ooooh there you go being sweet again :) Thankyou Bianca, that's so nice of you!

Sorry about your little sewing muckups - I hope it's all good now :)

Unknown said...

Yip - I hear you! We can start up a violin shop! As for my matryoshka doll, I'm just making her up as I go, hence the design issues, as I am making her to be something a bit different too - hopefully I can post her finished tomorrow.

Kylie said...

Thanks for the heads up on the mag - I will have to keep an eye out for it. The violins are playing here today too - We went to Playgroup for the first time in forever on Wednesday and Baden has picked up a vomity bug grrr!

Home Birth Australia