Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day


I love my country
We are the lucky country
And I am proud to be Australian
And, well, proud to be a Territorian
Today is a lot of thing
Different things to different people
Some feel the need to wave our flag....alot
Some go to the Big Day Out or sit around listening to the hottest 100
Some love the day off to watch the cricket or the tennis
Some have a beer and a barbie with a mate
Some hang out at the beach and walk around in thongs
And some morn a life lost, a history lost, a generation lost
Whatever you do today, enjoy you loved ones and celebrate our wonderful country. And also remember, just for a moment, what the history of today really is...



Happy Australia Day xox

8 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

& some hang out reading blogs!! Happy Australia Day - i made a handmade fabric flag, check out my blog post. I have 4 genuine territorians playing around me right now. Have a great day, Happy Australia Day, love Posie

Sally said...

Lovely words, sentiments and reminders! Happy Australia Day to you too.

Kate said...

Beautifully said! Happy Australia Day to you. XX

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Happy Australia Day Bianca!
I've joined up to follow your blog, so I'll be popping up here to say hello regularly - just warning you!
Hugs
Kelly :-)

Ruby Star said...

Well said Bianca.
Happy Australia day to you. Ours is getting wrapped up now with the twins making their lunches for school tommorrow (just need to contain the excitement) and the sounds of hoons racing up the wet access road behind our house.

Beck said...

Thanks for this wonderful post! I loved what you wrote, it really summed things up nicely and the photo of that happy, smiling, beautiful girl made my hear sing! Gorgoeus xo

Gilly said...

Fabbo pic -- hope you had a great day x

Anonymous said...

Damb, I am always SO behind the eight ball...even though Aust day was last week...I just wanted you to know that I thought this post was great!!
Michele x

Home Birth Australia