Monday, April 5, 2010

Wedding Quilt no. 2 and on time!

Hey you! How is your Easter long long weekend treating you? Me, totally blew my points for like the next month, but today is a new day and I will stay on track! More on that another day.
Today I want to show you the other wedding quilt I finished while I was away...
Fabric used - fat pack of "Love" by Amy Butler purchased from The Fat Quarter Shop
And my favorite white quilters muslin ;)


Pattern - I used Crazy Mom Quilts flea market fancy tutorial after seeing Corrie's. The quilt was going to be too big so I took one of the pieced strips and added it on the back. Very pleased with it!


I had heaps of scraps left over so I made a scrappy binding! Little tip, iron your seams open! I ironed mine to one side and the seams in the binding are too balky. Not that they will notice. If I had time I would have unpicked and redone them. At least now I know! And so do you ;)


Again the quilting was done by Wendy, a Horsham local, and member of Horsham Patchwork Quilters Inc. And again I used 100% Australian made cotton batting from Retro Mummy.
Quilted with love hearts on the 'Love' fabric for a love wedding quilt!! How cool is that?!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'm off to tidy then sew....I hope! xox

9 comments:

Liesl said...

Its absolutely fabulous!

Lisa said...

beautiful! your giving me the quilting-bug again, I think I'll need to find someone to make a quilt for!

Tammy said...

I love this, especially what you did to the back Bianca!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, you did an amazing job!

Unknown said...

Just Beautiful! Amazing! Well Done!!
Kerry x

Kate said...

Fabulous quilt!

Megs said...

Oh I love it! I am going to have to give this one a go!

Sorry we didn't get to catch up when you were passing through, maybe another time.

Vickie said...

well done Bianca!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

LOVE it! The white really makes the blocks pop. I am sure the happy couple with adore it.

Home Birth Australia