Sunday, May 17, 2009

it's been a year!

Well, I never thought in a million years I would be saying this, but I am, I love the Territory! Crazy I know! I don't like the heat. I don't like to sweat. I don't like bugs. I don't like it when people put 'hey' on the end of every sentence and yet I love it there!! And I now on occasion say 'hey' too!  

So in celebration of this occasion our family went into 'town' (Darwin!) to the museum and art gallery. 
Lovely day was had by all. 


'Hello Sweetheart!" Kids thought it was pretty funny that a male croc was called Sweetheart. Very Territory thing to do. 5.2 metres and well over 700kg, yep, huge!

Cyclone Tracy exhibit.....little bit scary. Not sure if it was a good idea to look at that!


Kids checking out the discovery centre part. Very cool! Can look and touch all sort of stuff.



Dad thought it was pretty cool too ;)

My very brave little ones! Really was a fresh water croc, but now he's stuffed! 

We did however run into trouble on the way home. We were on our way to Spotlight, just needed a few things, I promise, and we got a flat. Huh! Thank goodness hubby was with me. So now my big black shinny car is missing one shinny mag and is driving around on a spare that looks like it come from a '92 Camry. Like I need another job to do this week!

Oh and we got somethings for the Kids Mail Swap #2. Kids are sooo excited about it!
So how was you weekend? See any crocs? Get any flat tyres? xox

10 comments:

Mel Goodsell said...

Nope, no flat tyres or crocs here!

The photos are really lovely Bianca.

Kirsty said...

My sister's a territorian too. There is a lot to love about the Territory (although I tried to hate it). It's pretty relaxed up there.

Hazel said...

Sounds like a fab day out. As for me.. nothing as exciting as crocs and flat tyres! But 'hey' is definitely on the end of nearly every sentence here. And after living in NZ for 4 years (I'm from the UK) I'm starting to do it myself......arghhhhh! What can you do though???

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun... You've given me hope. We've just moved to Darwin and we're currently wondering if we made the right decision... :|

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Hmm... that was me. For some reason, blogger gave me my old blog's name!

ZippyZippy said...

A year already, Hey

Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had a great day. The museum is so interesting!!! I love the NT too. I lived at Jabiru for 18 months..a wonderful experience! We had a flat tyre last weekend too :(

Danielle said...

MY parents moved up the territory for 12 months in 2007 and are still there :P

One Flew Over said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

make it perfect said...

looks like a fun day out!
thanks so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog the other day, i appreciate it!
xx

Home Birth Australia